Graston is a technique that utilizes stainless steel, professional level, soft tissue therapy tools. The Graston tools were designed to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the doctor.
What does Graston Technique do?
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, and splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
- Increases skin temperature
- Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
- Alters spinal reflux activity (facilitated segment)
- Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the area
- Increases cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells
- Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity